As someone who has roughly started shaving from the age of 14 (I am now 27), it’s fair to say that I have picked up a few tips and tricks along the way when it comes to shaving. I never really learnt from anyone I just kind of picked up things I learnt from magazines and was mostly self-taught, once I started incorporating shaving into my routine more regularly I learnt what worked for me and what didn’t.

I like to start my routine by cleansing my skin, this will help to remove any dirt and oil build up in my skin and allow the products I use afterwards absorb better. It also helps to make way for a cleaner and closer shave, I like to look for a cleanser that contains exfoliating ingredients as it will help to clean out my pores and refine the overall texture of my skin.

After I have cleansed my skin I like to exfoliate, I think exfoliating your skin with a mechanical based exfoliant is one of the most important parts of your shaving routine. I find using a scrub before I shave helps to lift hairs up making it easy for my blade to glide over my skin, it also helps to prevent ingrown hairs from forming which is always a bonus in my books.

After my skin has been cleansed and exfoliated I like to apply my shaving cream, I like this one from Lab Series as it feels really hydrating on the skin and my razor glides beautifully over it. It also helps to calm the skin and reduce the appearance of redness which is something to look for when it comes to shaving creams, I like that it also rinses off the skin really well without leaving a residue.
*Product Recommendation: Lab Series Cooling Shave Cream.

I have tried a lot of razors in my time and I feel like I finally have a grip on the ones that best work for me, one that I have been recently trialing is the one from NuTouch Shave. The five blades on the razor are premium stainless steel with platinum which gives you a super close shave in minutes.

When it comes to shaving I like to either be clean shaven or have a little bit of a beard, I don't tend to go anywhere in between. When I prefer to be clean shaven I find this blade gives me a really close and even shave, I find the blades glide really well over my skin and make the whole shaving experience quick but effective.

When I happen to have more of a beard the blade works really well at cutting through my facial hair and leaves me clean shaven in minutes.

I highly recommend checking out their website as they have various bundles and subscriptions to choose from.
*Click Here For More Information On NuTouch Shave.

When I have finished shaving and rinse off any remaining shaving cream I like to go in with a toner that has exfoliating ingredients, this will help to reduce any ingrown hairs. Make sure you look for a toner that is alcohol-free as after you shave your skin does become quite sensitive and can sting easily.

As a finishing step I like to use a moisturiser that helps to calm down the skin and one that absorbs easily, I like this moisturiser from La Roche Posay as it has a serum like consistency to it and doesn’t feel heavy on the skin. I find it really good at calming down any redness as well as any irritation caused by shaving.
*The products mentioned in this post that have been marked with an *asterisk have been given to me by the brand /PR, As always the review is 100% my honest opinion on the products. Every single product that I mention on the site has been personally tested by me and these are my genuine thoughts on the product.