I know that undergoing a peel treatment can be quite a daunting thing for some people but for me personally I have seen great results from having peels on a regular basis, whether that be an in-clinic treatment or from using an at home product. I have found having regular peels has really helped with the texture and tone of my skin, it has also helped with things like breakouts, milia, blackheads etc.

When you have regular peels it's important that you use the right home care to help maintain the results, even though I undergo in clinic peels every so often I like to use an at home peel product to make sure my skin is always in tip top shape.

As part of my job I am really lucky to be constantly trialing products, In my beauty cupboard I have found the at home peel products that work for me and my skin.

Here are the peel products I use on a regular basis.


Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Extra Strength Daily Peel:
The most unique thing and the thing I love most about this particular product is that it comes in two steps, Step 1 contains exfoliating acids and Step 2 works to control the AHA's and delivers anti-aging actives into the skin. After I cleanse I apply Step 1 to my skin and wait two minutes and then follow with Step 2, then I tend to wait until it's dry and follow with my serums.

I have seen really significant results whilst using this product, it has really helped with the texture and tone of my skin. It can also be used once a day on a daily basis, or a few times a week if your prefer. I personally like to use mine at night and always make sure to wear an SPF in the morning.

I do also love that these come in individual packets which means they are perfect for traveling.

Origani Erda Thermal Peel System:
Nobody loves an at home facial night like I do and the products from this range make a great addition to my routine.

The first product in the system is the Activating Serum which is to be applied after using a gentle cleanser, The serum contains a whole host of Active Ingredients and Antioxidants that help to brighten the skin, reduce hyperpigmentation, even skin tone, hydrate and heal the skin. It also contains Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Bacterial Properties.

I always like to use products with antioxidants in them as they really help to protect the skin from environmental stressors that occur on a daily basis, this serum feels really refreshing and hydrating on the skin. It can also be used on its own under moisturiser on a daily basis.

After your skin has been prepped with the Activating Serum it's time for the Purifying Thermal Peel, this helps to open pores which in turn allows the active ingredients to penetrate deep into the skin, it also helps to promote oxygenation and micro-circulation and balance PH levels. The brand recommends massaging into the skin for 1-2 minutes and then leaving the product on like a mask for ten minutes and rinsing with warm water.

The product will help to refine and smooth the texture of the skin.

The final step in the routine is the Cooling Cream which helps to de-stress and rebalance the skin, it really helps to cool and calm the skin after using the peel.

It contains Aloe Vera Juice and Cucumber Extract which really help to calm and soothe the skin.

I love the process of using this peel in particular, I am someone who takes a lot of joy in taking care of my skin and using this system really feels like a treat. Using this system in conjunction with your skincare routine will really help to refine and retexturize the skin, it will also help the products you use absorb to their best ability.

*This product is available in Victoria from these locations:

Origani Swanston Street: 191-205 Swanston St, Melbourne, VIC 3000 p: 03 99136740

Origani Melbourne Central: 211 Latrobe St, Melbourne, VIC 3000 p: 03 9654 7654 

Goldfaden MD Fresh A Peel:
This product is a mainstay in my beauty cupboard, whenever my skin needs a boost and I haven't got much time I instantly apply this mask to my skin, I like to put it on while I am making my morning coffee and my skin is glowing and ready for the day after my first cup.

The product contains Lactic Acid and Multi-Fruit Enzymes that help to remove dead surface skin cells, after using this mask my skin is instantly brighter, smoother and makeup goes on like a dream.

This mask is to be left on for 1-3 minutes and then rinsed off which I love because as I mentioned earlier it's the perfect thing to use when I am in a rush and only have a few minutes to spare.

Philosophy The Microdelivery Resurfacing Peel:
Whenever I have an event on or my skin needs a bit of a boost I instantly reach for this, it immediately retexturizes my skin and gives it a glow, it also helps to create a really smooth canvas for makeup to go on top of.

Step 1 contains Vitamin C / Peptide Resurfacing Crystals that is meant to be applied to clean dry skin and massaged in for a minute (avoiding eye area) and then you apply Step 2 which is a Lactic and Salicylic Acid Activating Gel on top and the products will start to foam, leave on the skin for 2-3 minutes and rinse well.

My skin instantly feels a lot smoother and has a nice glow to it whenever I use this product, I like using this product at least once a week or when my skin is looking a bit dull and needs a boost.

Simon x

*Disclaimer: Whenever you use any sort of exfoliating and or peel product it's really important that you use an SPF of at least 30 on a daily basis to make sure your skin is protected. I also wanted to state that I have quite tolerant skin and all these type of products work really well for my skin, if you have sensitive skin I would recommend patch testing or getting a sample if you can to make sure the product is right for your skin.

*The products mentioned in this post have been given to me by the brand /PR, As always the review is 100% my honest opinion on the products. Every single product that I mention on the site has been personally tested by me and these are my genuine thoughts on the product.