If your an avid makeup wearer and obsessive like I am you will know the struggles of wearing makeup on really hot days, I am forever looking for products and techniques to make sure my makeup stays on all throughout the day. No matter how hot the weather gets I refuse to back down and not wear any makeup at all so it's really important to have products in my routine that help keep my makeup in check until I wash it off at night.

Over the years I have figured out different ways and found products that help keep my makeup on no matter what, to find out what I use keep reading...

Primer:

In the beauty world primer is a bit of a controversial product, I get asked a lot about whether or not it's needed and where to place it in a typical routine. I personally think using a primer is really important, it helps to create an even base for makeup to go onto and will help with the longevity of your makeup, especially on a summers day.

 In my personal makeup routine I use a primer on a daily basis, as I have more of an oily combination skin type I tend to use a primer instead of my moisturiser and on top of my sunscreen in the morning, but you can of course still use it on top of a moisturiser if you prefer. 

*Product Recommendation: Dermalogica Age Smart Skin Perfect Primer SPF30.

Regular readers of my site and followers of my Instagram page will know that I have been using this primer for years now, It has a velvet like feel to it and makeup applies over top like an absolute dream. The primer has a slight colour to it which I find helps to blur out imperfections and redness, this particular product I like to wear even if I am not wearing foundation.

It also contains an SPF of 30 which is a big bonus in my books, especially on those long hot summer days.

Foundation:

Foundation is the one thing I won't budge on during the warmer months, it's important to look for a long-wearing formula with more of a matte finish, I find using a matte foundation in summer helps to control shine and in general lasts a lot longer on my skin.

Product Recommendation: Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Cushion Stick Radiant Makeup.

I recently discovered this product and instantly fell in love, it comes with an inbuilt applicator for touch-ups on the go which can be removed and washed to keep hygienic which I think is a stroke of genius. To me this foundation has a semi-matte finish to it, it's a good mixture of matte with a nice bit of glow to it. I still set this product with a bit of powder but if you have a drier skin type I can imagine it would be great just on its own.

Powder:

I am a big fan of powder, I find it really helps to lock my foundation in and makes it last really well throughout the day.

Product Recommendation: Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent.

This powder is so fine on the skin and doesn't add any sort of colour or coverage to the skin, it's the only powder I have ever used that doesn't change the texture of my foundation.

Setting Spray:

Setting Sprays are only something that I have included into my routine recently and I am so glad to of discovered them. They help with the longevity of your makeup and the thing I love the most is that they make my makeup look less cakey and less powdery which is a bonus for me because I am a fan of that no makeup makeup look.

*Product Recommendation: Skindinavia The Makeup Primer Spray Oil Control.

This particular spray is classed as a primer spray but I personally like to use it before and after makeup application and I find it helps to keep my foundation on all day and helps to get rid of any excess powder on my skin.

I also love that it's a primer in a spray as I don't like to use too many products on my skin in the warmer months, this means I can just do a light spray over my sunscreen and I know my skin is perfectly primed for makeup.

*Product Recommendation: Gerard Cosmetics Slay All Day Setting Spray.

This is to be used after you apply your makeup and helps to control oil throughout the day and take down the look of powder products on the skin.

I use either products mentioned in this category before and after makeup application and both ways work for me.

This post is a collaboration with Adore Beauty which is a site that I genuinely use and purchase my beauty products from, all the above mentioned products are available from their website. To find out more about Adore Beauty and the products they stock Click Here.


Simon x


*The products mentioned in this post that have been marked with an astersik have been sent to me for content inclusion, other products have been personally purchased by me. As always the review is 100% my honest opinion on the products. Every single product that I mention on the site has been personally tested by me and these are my genuine thoughts on the product.